Friday, October 01, 2010

2kg ≠ 20/20

I need to learn the metric system or stop being so cheap. Last week, I bought 2 kilograms of carrot at the marché to save .60 centimes. I’m pretty sure my husband is sick of having carrot sticks and ranch dressing for dinner and I’m sick of having orange finger nails and washing the vegetable peeler. I'm always afraid I'm going to nick off a bit of finger skin. (I'm also afraid that my left kneecap will someday be ripped off by the back bumper of a car as it drives past me while I'm standing on the sidewalk). And for those of you who think there might be a silver lining, I'm wearing glasses as I type this.

4 comments:

Author of the Blog said...

you are funny and I just love your grouses.

Amy75 said...

Thank you! I appreciate the compliment. I wonder if I don't complain a bit much, however :)

Pepe Le Pew said...

Thanks a lot. I've always been worried about taking off skin when I'm peeling veggies but now I have the horror of losing a kneecap in my head now. I'll never stand on the curb the same way again.

Amy75 said...

Pepe, Watch out for parking lots too! You'd be surprised how dangerous they can be for kneecaps :)