Monday, August 18, 2008

Swine Swoon

Move over baby donkey . . .




Now there's something meatier. Behold my new love (sorry eeyore):




This beautiful creature is the love child of a pure bred shar pei and a standard farm pig. Just kidding, he's a chinese pig. At least, I think it's a he. To be honest I was too afraid to look at its backside. With a face like that, I'm not sure I want to know what the other end has in store. Luckily, Fred clicked a photo as the beast walked away, just in case I ever change my mind. One day, when I'm feeling brave, I'll take the picture out of the frame on his desk and share it with you.

I've named the little piggy Mu Shu. Unfortunately, he wasn't staying with us in Normandy. While our vacation home was wonderful, it did not have Mu Shu. He lives in a much better place, a calvados distillery.

Now do you understand why I'm in love?

5 comments:

eeyore said...

wow, he's a cutie:) so just how much calvados do i need to drink to get that cute?

Our Juicy Life said...

At first I thought you were serious with the shar pei and pig...although it wouldn't surprise me. I think he's super cute but not as cute as the donkey.

eeyore said...

thanks, juicy:)

Leesa said...

I don't know... I DO like pigs, but that guy is just DOWNRIGHT PHUGLY!!!!! I thought it was a Shar pei pig, too!

Marine Wife said...

That just might be the ugliest pig I've ever seen. I suppose it could fall into the it's-so-ugly-it's-cute category. Maybe.