Friday, August 08, 2008

Looks can be deceiving . . .

The other day a woman, wearing beautiful clothing similar to that pictured here, carelessly pushed her way onto the RER with such force that she scalped my forearm with her bangles. I let out a loud sigh as an expression of my anger (because I wasn't sure of how to say "scalped" or "skinned alive" in French and I refuse to speak in English straightaway because I don’t want to give my possibly-fluent enemy ammunition). She gave me an indignant look as if I were in the wrong and we spent the next few minutes staring at each other with death in our eyes. But then we both realized she had my DNA all over her and thought better of it.

1 comment:

Leesa said...

OMG! I hate it when that happens!! If she was Indian, you could have spoken to her in Eng. though! Unless she was born here in France! I actually speak in Eng. when people do weird things to me, just so they know I'm really pissed off.. I don't think they'd like my choice of swear words en fran├žais!! Sorry you were skinned by that lady!!