Thursday, August 21, 2008

Let's Party



While the U.S. debates whether to lower the drinking age to 18, France is selling beer to children.

Yesterday, the little girl in front of me who looked about 9 years old bought a six-pack of 1664 with the 10 euro note she had crumpled up in her tiny hand. The cashier didn’t say a word. Nobody batted an eye. And she was not a midget. I asked her.

I always knew children were good for buying milk and toilet paper, but if they couldn’t do my full range of shopping I just never saw the point in having one. But if sending them on afterschool beer-runs is legal in this country, we might have to reconsider.

2 comments:

Marine Wife said...

sorry for the scare, but if it makes you feel any better, those things are sometimes referred to as "writing spiders"
;D

joy suzanne said...

You crack me up!

How's it going?