Monday, October 22, 2007

Want to hear something gross?

I'm traumatized and am seriously considering a thumb amputation. I called the elevator at the airport today because I was lost and in a hurry (just so you don't think I'm lazy) and while I was waiting some gross woman walked up. She was sniffling and wiping her nose with her bare hand like a three year old. We entered the elevator and I chose my floor. She couldn't wait the millisecond for me to move away from the panel and brushed her slimy snot hand up against mine thereby depositing a pool of glistening mucus on the tip of my right thumb. I spent the entire time in the security line trying not to touch anything. Of course, I couldn't stop off at the bathroom because I was late for my flight; a flight that I ultimately missed, which in a way is good because it gave me the extra hour I needed to try to scrub my thumb clean.

9 comments:

Destination Metz said...

ewwwww and yuck. I just don't get some people...

Laura said...

Where are you? What flight?

Leah said...

Eww, that's super degueulasse...why was the lady trying to hold your hand, though?

Cynthia Rae said...

Ick!

If worse comes to worse, you can always put your big toe where your thumb once was!

I would try boiling it in some hot water before amputation.

Cyn

The Late Bloomer said...

OMG, that IS gross and yet so hilarious at the same time! I can totally see you being disgusted by this and trying to find a way to wipe/wash your hand...

I have to admit that I almost ALWAYS have tissues in my purse, at all times, but then that one time, in the morning, while I'm waiting on the quai in the BITTER COLD for my train, when I look in my purse they are NOT THERE. And then I'm desperate because I don't know what to do about my potentially drippy nose... I have GOT to be sure to stock extra packets in the future!

(OK, did I freak you out enough there?!) ;-) But I promise I'm not THAT gross!!

Anonymous said...

talk about taking me back to grade 6, just reading the title of the post made my eyes widen. so gross!
delphine

Marine Wife said...

That is so disgusting!

It's bad enough having your own children do that to you (yes, it will happen and you will be resigned to it), but to have a total stranger wipe her snot on you?! Beyond EWW!

Misplaced said...

That is nasty

joy suzanne said...

O. My. God.

ohmygodohmygodohmygod, that's horrifying! I think I'd die.