Thursday, June 14, 2007

It's that time of year again . . .


Fred gets to celebrate his birthday by providing breakfast for his colleagues. I conducted a poll and none of my friends is peer pressured into providing pâtisseries for their coworkers. I still think that they're playing a joke on the new guy. They probably have big red circles on their calendars and look forward to June 14 as much as April 1. At least this year I didn’t work myself up into a tizzy wondering how he would transport 50+ piping hot croissants, pains au chocolat, and pains aux raisins on the RER. I let him handle it all on his own. He’s a big boy now!

5 comments:

fred said...

Transporting them is not the hard part; making sure that they still look like croissants, pain au chocolat et pain au raisin while transporting them is harder. Because my colleagues will make some remarks if I bring bad looking croissants.

Laura said...

Eh, tell them bad looking croissants for bad looking coworkers.

Um, ADORABLE!!! photo. What a cute birthday boy! I love the 7 yr old clochard in the red shirt!!!

The Late Bloomer said...

How hilarious! I don't know if I've heard of this tradition before either, but I don't currently work in a French-majority office. So I'm a bit oblivious to these sorts of things. I LOVE the photo, though! Adorable...

P.S. ~ Amy, I tagged you in a little Ten Things meme. Feel free to participate if you like!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Fred! Are you 30 yet? What I want to know is why the boys' fashion in the picture looks so distinctively french, yet the wallpaper was able to cross the Atlantic all the way to Los Angeles, California to my mother's house. Feliz cumpleanos (sorry, I can't speak french!). Love, Dina

Anonymous said...

Pourquoi je toujours manquer l'anniversaire de Frederic ! Ah ! Je connais, parce que je n'ai pas reçu un croissant ! Joyeux anniversaire ! -Gil