Saturday, June 02, 2007

Ici, minou minou . . .

Years ago my older sister would tease me and ask her children, "Now, which one of you is going to take care of Auntie when she's 80 years old and has 100 cats?" The eldest, Meagan, also an animal lover was the only one to pipe up. Something I won't forget when drafting my will!

We adopted Bilbo in San Francisco when he was a year old. He traveled with us in the plane to Paris and didn't make a peep or a pee. He's the sweetest little cat and I would be so sad if anything happened to him. I'm the first one to admit that I'm a crazy cat lady! But even my craziness has its limits.

Fred is craaaaazzzzzzy! He's convinced one of our neighbors is trying to lure Bilbo from our garden by making "here, kitty kitty" noises en fran├žais. He tried to i.d. the catnapper’s location in the event he needs to file a police report later and, as I write this, I can hear him lecturing Bilbo about the dangers of talking to strangers.



He even taught Bilbo how to play dead.

10 comments:

DestinationMetz said...

It's a good thing the cat doesn't speak French! I'm allergic to cats and Christophe is constantly correcting me from saying something very rude in French when I try to say "I'm allergic to cats".

Mlle Smith said...

That's too funny, lol! Bilbo is one fluffy cat!

Jules said...

Hello Amy, my first visit here. Followed Mlle. Bilbo is beautiful!

phillippa said...

Can you hear me laughing from my living room? I can picture Fred cradling Bilbo and talking in his ear. So cute. Great thing about this mutual insanity is that neither of you will ever be lonely.

Riley said...

Bilbo, I know what it is like to have crazzzy parents! I'm not allowed to talk with strangers or socialize with pitbulls. -Riley

Texas Espresso said...

HA! That is so funny. I bet if people heard us talking (or singing in my husband's case) to our cat, they would think we were crazy too! I'm glad he's watching those neighbors.

Anonymous said...

You can never be tooooo careful. Bilbo is such a little treasure, you know the ransom would be impossible to raise, should this neighbor get their hands on him. Mom

phillippa said...

it just occured to me that maybe it's the neighbors who asked you to wash their windows....trying to keep you occupied out back, while they sneak through the front....

jchevais said...

Our neighbor has a cat that I call to when I arrive home from work...

But no worries, I'm not the only kittiopheole I think the entire neighborhood does it. He's a fantastic and loving cat!

IslandGirl4Ever2 said...

LOVE your BILBO!! He looks like our cute, black cat!!! Soooooo cute!!!!==== Leesa