Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Finally, the metro puts a smile on my face!

This morning on my way to work there was an annoying 3ish year old swinging round and round the center pole like a stripper desperate for a dollar. His gypsy mother and her other 4 kids passively looked on. Perhaps she was training him for a new job, one that doesn't require shaking a paper cup in people's faces. A business man with ski feet moved his foot just as the nuisance was making his umpteenth turn. If called to court, I'd be hard pressed to testify whether it was intentional or simply a nervous twitch. The kid flinched, but there was no contact. This delighted me. The mother started screaming gibberish at the man. He was seriously taken aback, which made me think it wasn't on purpose (and made me admire him a little less). I couldn't stop myself from laughing. I buried my face in the paper out of fear that the gypsy woman would put a hex on me. There’s seriously something wrong with me that I would find pleasure in this slice of life.

5 comments:

Paula M. Lawhon said...

I'm happy to see that you are finding positive things to post for our amusement. I think it qualifies as positive if it put a smile on your face. :)

Mlle Smith said...

OMG, this is freaking hilarious! LMAO at "ski feet" and "a stripper desperate for a dollar". That was totally a scenario that would make me cackle. :0)

Tonya R said...

demon children on the metro - urgh. I'd be tempted to have a nervous twitch myself.

Cooks on the Coast said...

Once on the Seoul metro, a little girl (Korean) kept pushing my daughter's nose up and kept oinking at her. I wasn't there, her dad was. Lucky for kid the big bad Marine daddy was there (who did NOTHING even tho' he could speak Korean), instead of the momma! 'Cause I would have done something intentional.

IslandGirl4Ever2 said...

Amy... If we could do a whole blog just on our experiences on the Metro... we would NEVER run out of material... I see the FUNNIEST stuff ALL the time.. and it makes me LMAO... I have to say.. and I will post later.. I was SOOOO T'd off today at stupid people who get on as you are trying to get off the metro.. that I actually, whacked a lady pretty hard with my purse... INTENTIONALLY!!!! I am soooo sick of RUDE people.. I didn't look back as my purse smacked into her.. but I am sure she was probably thinking "how rude" of me.. I didn't say "Pardone moi," the standard response of rude people when they get caught being rude... I have a few funny stories about my ride to and in Paris.. so check back and hopefully you can have another good laugh!!! ---Leesa