Monday, May 28, 2007

Slam Dunk!

I just realized why there are no grocery baggers in France; nobody is qualified to do it. My groceries piled up on the left side of the bin as they passed over the scanner while the two customers in front of me attempted to bag theirs. The man on the left only had one item (a six pack of little boxed milks), but couldn't manage to get the bag over the corners. The other resembled an under developed monkey trying to fit a round peg into a square hole (he too had a single bag to pack). I still feel guilty when my groceries aren't bagged and the person in front of me has to wait. I don't mean to brag, but I've become quite good at bagging groceries now. After watching An Inconvenient Truth, I started using my recyclable grocery tote (something I had from my San Francisco days, but I'm ashamed to say I rarely used) and my grandma cart. I unload heavy items onto the conveyor belt first so they are the first to be packed. The rest I throw on top and I'm out of there. I have to admit this time I did it even faster than most to make a point. The American Spirit of competitiveness, alive and well in France. Hey, I'll take my victories where I can get them these days! Touché!

No comments: