Thursday, March 08, 2007

Sexy or Sexist?


Today is La Journée de la Femme (The Day of the Woman) in France and I received a pink rose from my local supermarket to mark the occasion.

You may be asking yourself, "But wait, it's 'The Day of the Woman', why in the world were you at the grocery store buying food to make for dinner?"

Me too.

Really though, my little Frenchie is nice to me every day and Valentine's Day was just a few weeks ago. And I think the origin of the day was to promote equality and women's suffrage, so in the end, the pink rose may seem a bit hypocritical. Not for me to decide. I'm sure Hallmark was behind all of this anyway. Right?

4 comments:

phillippa said...

Turn off the computer and get thee to the kitchen to make dinner for the Man of the House with the groceries that earned you the pink rose, Woman!

TicTac To said...

Excuse me, but I'd like to know what that 2005 bottle of (what?!) is -- champagne, chardonnay, sancerre, viognier???? And where's the damn cheese?

Aralena said...

I'm feeling jilted - my Monoprix didn't offer me a rose!

David said...

The only time I was offered a flower was walking down the Castro late one night after drinking way too much. And it was only a carnation, damn it. Asian men are never seen as sex objects!