Thursday, March 08, 2007

Desperado . . .


It looks like a burrito through the blurry lens of a camera phone, but it's not. It's a falafelish! Something Federico and I bought from a booth at the Auguste-Blanqui marché in the 13th on Sunday.

The vendor was out of hummus so he substituted a tomato-eggplant mixture in its place. I was impressed by the swaddle job, however. Although not tin foil, the plastic baggie wrapped around it kept the salsa (in this fantasy) aka tzatziki from dripping down my arm.

It was good, but when you grew up in California, the next best thing to Mexico (sorry, Texas!), it's a far cry from La Taqueria on Mission Street.

6 comments:

Mlle Smith said...

That part about the "swaddle job" was hilarious... :0)

Anonymous said...

eeewwwwww! -gil

Anonymous said...

Seriously, you gotta watch it.

Texas.

Copper said...

So was it good??

I am Mexican as well as a Texan and that "falafelish" looks pretty damn good!

Better start working on my French.

ej

buzzgirl said...

La Taqueria? Pshaw! Taqueria Cancun is where it's at!

Emily said...

I miss good authentic Mexican food too. I am even going to say that I miss Baja Fresh fish tacos.