Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

One benefit of being away from my family on Thanksgiving is that I have time to make Pilgrim-wear for Bilbo. This photo actually is from four years ago, you can tell because we had just got him and hadn't had the time to fatten him up.


However, after four years of grazing on Iams organic corn cat food, he reached a hearty 12lbs. Good enough to eat. So we did, and he was delectable!


In reality, we're celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow night with three other American-French couples! Bilbo will be safe at home working on his Christmas cards.

I think of home often, but especially today. I'm thankful for having friends and family like you!

[p.s. Paula, This is a picture of the turkey you made us on Thanksgiving 2003. And it really was delectable!]

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Bilbo is gorgeous!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Cynthia Rae said...

My cats are jealous! They wanted to play dress up too. Funny you mention roasting your cat.... We had 10 for dinner last night (I was the only American). After stuffing ourselves full, I offered our friends more turkey, they all groaned. Then I said, well there is also roast cat if you would like. They groaned even louder! hehehehe!

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving. Have a wonderful dinner with your friends tonight.

Cyn

Paula M. Lawhon said...

I thought I recognized the Mauviel Roaster! Glad you changed your mind about roasting Bilbo....Happy Thanksgiving!!!