Thursday, March 30, 2006

Update, Instructions and Unsolicited Advice

The sunglasses are working. Svetlana got a “ciao, bella” from a truck driver today.

Mango, the first thing my yoga instructor ate after her 7-day fast.

Yesterday I was eating left over egg noodles that I had served with boeuf bourgogne. This prompted an instant craving for tuna casserole. I can’t remember the last time I ate it, but now it’s all I can think about. Mom, I know you won't be coming here until Christmas, but I think you need to start practicing now. I want you to go buy a bunch of balloons and cans of Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup. See how many you can swallow and report back to me. Or, you could just pack them in your suitcase, which ever you’re most comfortable with. Melinda has Cheez-Its and Cheetos covered. Okay? Thanks!

Always purchase Ny-Quil in the bottle. Fred made a rookie mistake the last time he bought it for me and brought home gel caps. They followed me to France (in a balloon) and I was grateful to have them when I was on my deathbed (in addition to being poisoned, I had a month long cold); however, gel caps make it very difficult to give yourself a little extra dose.

2 comments:

David said...

Have you ever tried "Tuna Helper" from the makers of "Hamburger Helper"? That annoying little hand sure knows how to make a mean Tuna Casserole.

I like Ny-Quil, too. But I found it's cousin works just as well -- a little buddy I stash under my pillow called "WHISKEY".

Anonymous said...

Do I need to bring potato chips for the top of the casserole, do they have canned tuna??, Mom