Thursday, March 09, 2006

Addendum (and misinformation I’ve imparted that needs correcting)

France does indeed sell sliced turkey meat. It’s prepackaged at the grocery store. Not exactly freshly sliced Molinari’s deli meat, but it does exist. Wouldn’t you know it? I discovered it after the bird flu hit France so I won’t eat it now anyway.

I decided not to choke Annie Wilks because a new student, an anesthesiologist from Maine, joined our class last week. I was concerned that the doctor might try to revive Annie or, at the very least, administer an anesthetic to ease the pain of my beating. It no longer seemed worth the hassle.

I think I’ve become the annoying older student in my class. There’s a new batch of people born in the 1980s (I know because our teacher made us do a humiliating exercise where we had to write our birthdays on the board) and I’ve caught myself making stupid jokes (on more than one occasion). I can hear them coming out of my mouth, but I can’t stop myself. I decided to extricate myself from the situation. I start private lessons next week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

amy, come back. there's no one to talk shit with here. love, super-d.

Anonymous said...

Poor baby, don't they know you have always marched to you own tune, that is what is so endearing about you. But what do I know I'm your mom, he! he!

David said...

Try talking to those 1980's kids about what life was like before the microwave. Remember when we had to boil hot dogs on the stove, or reheat our dinner in the oven? Those young punks don't know how lucky they have it.

phil said...

i came across your blog while searching for other american expats in paris in similar situations (female, married, learning french, english speaking, etc); i'm from sf also. leaving a random message in a comments section feels considerably more strange than surfing craigslist, btw, but your email address wasn't available...