Friday, October 28, 2005

Serendipity or Black Magic?

With Halloween fast approaching, I was getting concerned that I wouldn't find the proper costume. A pirate? Maybe, but poking an eye out seems so permanent. A witch? No, I could be that any day of the year. An elf? Fred may not let me change back! A space alien? Tom Cruise could kidnap me. Just when things were looking dire, a Halloween miracle happened of such proportions that it would make just about anyone believe in ghosts, goblins, and the Great Pumpkin! I was transformed into Rod Stewart in just under 2 hours. Although I had shown my new hair stylist some pictures of how I would like my hair, she clearly could sense the stress I was feeling over my costume and saved me. She sheared my locks into a very smart shag, bordering on a mullet, and gave me some brassy not-so-strategically placed, and rather wide, streaks. Luckily for me, I've also been fighting bronchitis over the past few weeks and have developed a raspy Stewart-esque singing voice. I really have no idea what I did to deserve such good fortune, but I'm genuinely thrilled with my costume!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That rates up there with the bag of trash and the street walker.

Anonymous said...

Oh I can't wait to see the new shag-do! I don't know why you don't just deal with Heather's flakiness and let her repair your hair before you go! Jemma had a fight with Heather when Heather showed up 1/2 hour late to cut Jemma and her fiancee's hair just 10 days before the wedding. So, she definitely is flaky with everyone (equal opportunity flaker), but you know she does an amazing job once you get her there - even Miss Troy has returned!!
But if you do get Heather to fix your hair (after Halloween of course!), please take a picture of it first so that I can enjoy your Rod Stewart look! :-)
Paula