Friday, October 21, 2005

Halloween Contest ~ Your Chance to Win ~ Enter Now!


No, not the kind of contest from elementary school where your fellow students voted on the "scariest", "funniest", or "most original" costume! I hated those contests, probably because my mom always threw my costume together last-minute. Like, in first-grade, when she sent me to school dressed as a prostitute (she basically dressed me up in her clothes . . . wait, that didn't come out right!) and, another year, when I went as a trash bag (she took a Hefty bag, stuffed it with newspaper, and cut out limb-holes. She also taped KFC chicken bones to the outside, which was really scary because dogs and homeless people chased me all the way home from school).

The Halloween Contest that this blog is hosting is "The Name Bilbo for a Day Contest". The winner will receive the rare opportunity of renaming Bilbo Dixie for Halloween Day. He is a little black cat, after all, and he does have fangs that protrude from his mouth. He's also missing his front tooth, which is kind of scary.

Here are the rules: You have until 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, October 27 to post your submission in the comments section of this blog. Fred, Bilbo, and I will review the names over the weekend and vote. The winner will be announced on Monday, October 31 by 12:01 p.m. (but, we'll start calling him the winner's name when we wake-up.) If you are not contacted, that means you didn't win or I forgot.

The prize is a $50.00 donation made in Bilbo's name (yes, Bilbo's name, not the name he will be using for one day - he'll deserve some recognition after surrendering his identity) to the San Francisco SPCA. In the interest of full disclosure (and because contest rules require): I'm taking the tax right-off.

12 comments:

Emmanuel Le Cl├ęzio said...

Exchanging rings in France, naming your cat Bilbo... Let's make a contest on your son's name ...

Take care of you two. Hope to see you soon.

Love

Manu

Delf & Hub said...

I suggest "Satanic Miaou" or "Bilb O'Lantern" :)

Anonymous said...

How about my owner needs to get a life!!! You may be married and own only one cat, but you are well on your way to being a crazy cat lady!

Mary said...

the above comment is from your sister. I am sure you could have figured that out on your own.

LOVE,
ME

Meagan said...

bubba, phyllis or flores
because I like those names

Guillaume&Charlotte said...

hummmm

What do you think of "La petite croute"?




sorry fred :p .....

Erin said...

Shaniqua because it is weird like my auntie

avec amy said...

Dear Erin - Comments like this will not help you win the contest. Although Bilbo was impressed by the name, having insulted me, he's leaning towards Meagan's submissions. He finds your mom's comment, completely offensive, and is considering reporting her to the webmaster to have her privileges revoked. : ) Miss you!

TJ said...

How about crispy? I think he would taste good fried.

Mary said...

Wah Wah Wah! If I don't play nice with your blog are you gonna run and tell mommy!!

Anonymous said...

Crispy??? TJ - you're not being very nice to your auntie!!!

Well, my favorite name suggested so far is the post for Bilb O'lantern. I can't get that one out of my head!

My suggestion is Bil-Bat. I can imagine him with big bat wings flying around your house like grandpa from the Munsters :-)
paula

Anonymous said...

HOW ABOUT PUMPKINMIESTER OR GREBBLESHIS